Why Use Laser Marking & Engraving on Metal Parts- Alex
Laser Marking & Engraving can be used to engrave designs, labels, textures and, most commonly, identification markings into metal parts. This process is utilized by a variety of industries for simple product identification. it improved product traceability and safety, organizational purposes, and much more. Learn more about the laser marking process and how can be advantageous for your metal parts.
What is Laser Marking & Engraving?
We use laser marking on engrave numbers, lettering, barcodes and other identifiers into parts. Such as stainless steel, aluminum, titanium and Nitinol,both common and specialty metal alloys. Plastics may also undergo laser marking treatments. As you look for a laser marking company, search for one that offers 100 percent biocompatible processes that maintain the integrity of your parts’ functionality.
LASER MARKING FOR THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY
The FDA passed a ruling in 2013 mandating that most medical devices must do marking with a unique device identifier, or UDI. Especially those will use multiple times and processed before use. Because laser marking allows for easier and more streamlined tracking of parts, medical institutions can ensure they are only using the appropriate parts for the given procedure. This is especially important in a case when an unfavorable situation occurs and traceability and accountability are crucial.
BENEFITS OF LASER MARKING METAL PARTS
Laser marking is advantageous to companies for multiple applications, including:
- Enhanced traceability and reliability—Unmarked parts can get misplaced in the system, especially in complex hospital environments.
- Improved safety — laser marking metal parts have permanently marked with the appropriate identifiers. So those using them will be able to safely identify the device they are using. This is especially important for medical facilities, we use it for patients’ procedures.
- Providing an economical way to identify parts—Labels can peel off or become damaged over time. However, laser marking provides permanent identification for parts and does not have to do it many times.
ADDITIONAL METAL FINISHING PROCESSES
In addition to laser marking, we can do polish and passivation on metal parts and devices. Examine the benefits of each process.
- Electropolishing—After electropolishing treatments, metal parts have enhanced corrosion resistance, improved microfinish value, ultraclean surfaces, deburred edges, uniform sizing and a decorative finish.
- Passivation— we use passivation remove surface impurities from metal parts. However, electropolishing is 30 times more effective at improving corrosion resistance than passivation and is generally the preferred metal finishing treatment. Some companies opt to have their parts submitted for both electropolishing and passivation treatments.
If you want to learn more about laser marking & engraving, pls contact Alex
Mobile: 0086 18766152065